Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Three Inches at a Time

Work on the Guest House continues. Grandfather's room is the focus at the moment. Since my last post, it's gone from this:


to this.


Insulation was added (yes!) and wiring was overhauled. Now the bead board wainscoting is going up. It used to be flat, horizontal boards...


but, I didn't care for that look. So, we're replacing it with vertical bead board. Much better!


That's Mark on the left and Cody on the right. When I checked on them this morning, I exclaimed, "Progress!" To which Mark answered, "Yep, three inches at a time." That's how wide the bead board is. It's a long way around the room, three inches at a time.


Upstairs, in the little back room that Robin calls "Aunt Helen's room," the insulating is almost complete, along with the wiring, taking the room from this:


to this,


and this


to this.


You can see that the once empty room is now almost filled with building materials. There's just no way to do all this work and keep things neat and tidy. But, it's all indicative of progress, and when it comes to finishing the Guest House, I'll take it any way I can get it.
Even if it is just three sweet inches at a time.


4 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and hope you found a blessing at This Sweet Life!