Saturday, December 7, 2013

Pitcher Study

This morning I was trying to begin decorating for Christmas, but as so often happens these days, I got distracted. Several years ago I found this pretty white pitcher buried deep in a cabinet at the farmhouse and it's become one of my favorite things. So pure and creamy, so lovely and graceful. And not a chip or crack to be found, despite its age of several decades, at least. After I took the fall flowers out of it and dusted my pretty oak table, the pitcher and the shadows it cast caught my photographer's eye.


Despite the rich color of the table, I decided to shoot in black and white. Thirty minutes and several dozen shots later, I ended up with some nice photos. These are the best, straight out of the camera with no editing.
















Who knew a simple white pitcher could be such a beautiful thing?

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! There is something entrancing about a white pitcher like that, with its soft, graceful curves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Thanks for stopping by. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

      Delete
  2. Made me think of the moon. Also, eggs.
    ~Laura G.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by! I appreciate your time and hope you found a blessing at This Sweet Life!